You've heard us warn you a hundred times not to wear tight clothes to your appointment. You're convinced we have a personal vendetta and nothing satisfies it like seeing you walk around in public with no makeup and ugly pajama pants on. Alas no, even we screw up and don't follow the rules.
Tight clothes will ruin your tan. Yes, you look adorable in yoga pants and a sports bra, but if you're planning on wearing them while your tan is still developing, don't say we didn't warn you. On the day you get your spray tan, you must commit to being in loose clothing no matter the weather. If the idea of walking around in an ugly outfit is unbearable (barring cute maxi dresses) then plan on getting your tan in the evening so you can sleep in it and avoid any fashion disasters.
Fun things that have happened to clients who don't heed this warning-
- Pulling a sports bra over their head after the tan and leaving criss cross marks all over their chest and shoulders.
- White marks all the way down their legs where the seams of their skinny jeans or yoga pants rubbed all the tan off
- A tan line in the shape of tight denim shorts, and when I say tan line, I really mean a complete lack of color in the shape of her shorts.
- A girl who rode her bike home in hot weather only to have a white mark clear across her stomach from where her skin made contact with itself as she was riding bent over.
- Or my personal favorite, (because it was my stupid mistake) of driving home with my seatbelt across my bare skin and it rubbing my tan off across my chest. Pictured here.
So please do us a favor and wear appropriate clothing. No sports bras, leggings, yoga pants, tight jeans, ballet flats, or anything that is digging into or rubbing your skin. If you screw up, we will take care of you because we love you, but there is never a guarantee we can fix it completely. Help us make the world more beautiful one spray tan at a time!